MONEY TRANSFERS TO LATVIA
Meest Corporation Inc. sends money transfers to Latvia using the CONTACT Money Transfer System:
- Money transfers to Latvia may ONLY be picked up at a branch specified by the sender of a bank that participates in the CONTACT System. To find a participating bank, please go to: www.meest.net → List of Banks.
- For money transfers between sender and recipient, a bank account is not required nor will additional service fees be applied to receive transfers at banks in Latvia.
- Money transfers to banks are paid out in U.S. Dollars only.
- The recipient may pick up their money transfer at the bank on the morning of the next business day.
- Limit per beneficiary per transaction is $4,950 US.
- To transfer funds to a bank in Latvia through the CONTACT System, the sender is required to complete an Order Form and provide Meest Corporation with their home address and telephone number. For money transfers of $1,000 or greater, the sender must present valid identification and provide date of birth and occupation, as per anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing requirements.
- The cost for transferring money to banks in Latvia depends on the transfer amount and the country, state or province which the money transfer originated in.
- To receive a money transfer at a bank in Latvia, the recipient must:
- present a valid passport on which the first and last name of the recipient’s name must match exactly to the Order Form;
- be able to provide the 5-digit money transfer Control Number issued by Meest Corporation to the sender after completion of an Order Form. The sender is responsible for informing the recipient of this number.
- know the first and last name of the sender,
- know the total amount of the money transfer, and
- know the system by which this transfer was sent (CONTACT System).
Important! Some smaller bank branches in Latvia may not have large amounts of cash on hand; therefore payout of transfers may be delayed.