Our team of professionals has made Meest Corporation Inc. the parcel distributor of choice for people who value customer service, knowledgeable staff, and customer support. Since launching our business in 1989 within the Ukrainian diaspora in Canada, we’ve built a reputation for having the knowledge and providing a wide range of delivery services that allows you to send out parcels on time and on budget. This is a direct result of our ongoing commitment that focuses on superior service to all of our customers, regardless of the size of your order.
Meest Corporation is dedicated to being a strong and effective partner in countries with a Ukrainian diaspora, providing support to friends and families in Ukraine, creating centres throughout the world to join Ukrainians together and to enhance cultural and business relationships between Ukraine and other countries.
Meeting Our Mission:
Uniting the diaspora with their friends and family “back home”, we at Meest Corporation have learned over our years in business of how to “build bridges” to connect and collaborate with people, organizations, and countries.
Today, Meest Corporation is the undisputed market leader in Canada, the U.S., Europe, and Australia by providing value added services, such as delivery of parcels, commercial goods, money transfers, gifts, humanitarian aid, and more – not only to Ukraine, but also to Russia, Moldova, Belarus, the Baltics, and the Central Asian countries. These services are enjoyed internationally by hundreds of thousands of customers from many countries worldwide every year.
Enterprises, incorporated in the international Meest Corporation, work in Canada, the U.S., Australia, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Greece, Poland, and the countries of Eastern Europe. With our Headquarters located in Toronto, Meest Corporation has over 500 offices and branches in North and South America and approximately 250 outlets in Europe.
Joining people, businesses, and continents, Meest (“bridge” in Ukrainian) has become a real bridge - integrating and linking Ukrainian communities in places across the globe!
MILESTONES OF DEVELOPMENT OF MEEST Corporation Inc
- 1989, November – Meest Corporation Inc. is registered in Oshawa (near Toronto, Ontario) and employs 8 personnel.
- 1990 – The Company grows to 25 employees and is engaged in the delivery of food products to Ukraine.
- 1991 – Meest begins delivery of cash remittances to recipients in Ukraine.
- 1993 – The Company grows to 80 agents and begins providing forwarding and delivery of parcels from Canada to Ukraine and soon thereafter to Russia, Belarus, and Moldova.
- 1994, September – Meest moves its head office to Toronto - begins delivering gifts and flowers to Ukraine, with a team of 120 agents.
- 1994 – A program of cash bank transfers to Ukraine begins.
- 1994, March – The representative office Meest-California is founded in Los Angeles.
- 1995, January – The branch Meest America opens in Linden, New Jersey. Company now has over 180 representatives.
- 1996 – The representative office Meest-Alberta is founded in Edmonton, Alberta.
- 1997, August – The first issue of the weekly newspaper Meest is published.
- 1998, August – The first broadcast of the radio program Meest airs.
- 1998, November – The representative office Meest-Washington is founded in Seattle, Washington.
- 2000 – The Company experiences rapid growth, now with 280 agents.
- 2002 – A warehouse starts consolidation of parcels and dispatch of containers from Chicago, Illinois.
- 2003-2004 – European representative offices of Meest opens in Spain, Portugal, Italy, Germany, Greece, Poland and France.
- 2006 – The New Gift Program commences. The Meest team now consists of 300 representatives.
- 2008, November – Beginning of delivery of cash remittances trough the Contact banking system to Russia and other CIS countries.
- 2010 – Meest America Inc. moves into a much larger facility, consequently increasing the number of containers shipped
- 2013 – Over 500 agents and representative offices on four continents are successfully operating under the Meest brand.