Meest Corporation Inc. sends money transfers to Uzbekistan using the CONTACT Money Transfer System:
- Money transfers may be picked up at any of the 1742 bank branches that participate in the CONTACT System. To find a participating bank, please go to List of Banks.
- For money transfers between sender and recipient, a bank account is not required nor will additional service fees be applied to receive transfers at banks in Uzbekistan.
- Money transfers to banks are paid out in U.S. Dollars only.
- Limit per beneficiary per transaction is $4,950 US.
- To transfer funds to a bank in Uzbekistan through the CONTACT System, the sender is required to complete an Order Form and provide Meest Corporation with their home address and telephone number. For money transfers of $1,000 or greater, the sender must present valid identification and provide date of birth and occupation, as per anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing requirements.
- First and last name of the recipient must be written in Latin alphabet only.
- The cost for transferring money to banks in Uzbekistan depends on the transfer amount and the country, state or province which the money transfer originated in. For complete information on rates regarding money transfers, please contact one of our agents or Meest Corporation head office at 1-800-361-7345.
- The recipient may pick up their money transfer at the bank on the morning of the next business day.
- To receive a money transfer at a bank in Uzbekistan, the recipient must:
- present a valid passport on which the first and last name of the recipient’s name must match exactly to the Order Form;
- be able to provide the 5-digit money transfer Control Number issued by Meest Corporation to the sender after completion of an Order Form. The sender is responsible for informing the recipient of this number.
- know the first and last name of the sender,
- know the total amount of the money transfer, and
- know the system by which this transfer was sent (CONTACT System).
Important! Some smaller bank branches in Uzbekistan may not have large amounts of cash on hand; therefore payout of transfers may be delayed.
Please note that Money Transfer Service is not available at all agent locations. List of agents participating in the Money Transfer Service program can be obtained by contacting Meest at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling toll-free at 1800-361-7345.