Meest Corporation Inc. sends money transfers to Belarus using the CONTACT Money Transfer System:
- Money transfers to Belarus may be ONLY picked up at any branch of a bank that participates in the CONTACT System. To find a participating banks, please go to List of Banks.
- For money transfers between sender and recipient, a bank account is not required nor will additional service fees be applied to receive transfers at banks in Belarus.
- Money transfers to banks are paid out in U.S. Dollars only.
- Maximum amount per transaction payable to a non-resident is $4,950 US. Limit per month in favor of a resident is equivalent to 3.5 Million BYR (exchange rate can be checked at www.nbrb.by).
- To transfer funds to a bank in Belarus through the CONTACT System, the sender is required to complete an Order Form and provide Meest Corporation with their home address and telephone number. For money transfers of $1,000 or greater, the sender must present valid identification and provide date of birth and occupation, as per anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing regulations.
- The cost for transferring money to banks in Belarus depends on the transfer amount and the country, state or province which the money transfer originated in. For complete information on rates regarding money transfers, please contact one of our agents or Meest Corporation head office at 1-800-361-7345.
- The recipient may pick up their money transfer at the bank on the morning of the next business day.
- To receive a money transfer at a bank in Belarus, the recipient must:
- present a valid passport on which the first and last name of the recipient’s name must match exactly to the Order Form;
- be able to provide the 5-digit money transfer Control Number issued by Meest Corporation to the sender after completion of an Order Form. The sender is responsible for informing the recipient of this number.
- know the first and last name of the sender,
- know the total amount of the money transfer, and
- know the system by which this transfer was sent (CONTACT System).
Important! Some smaller bank branches in Belarus may not have large amounts of cash on hand; therefore payout of transfers may be delayed.
Please note that Money Transfer Service is not available at all agent locations. List of agents participating in the Money Transfer Service program can be obtained by contacting Meest at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling toll-free at 1800-361-7345.